Cleveland Rye Pumpkin Seeds
One of the many perks of carving an awesome pumpkin is having the leftover pumpkin seeds! They are so delicious and also a great source of protein. These are not your grandma’s pumpkin seeds. Our Cleveland Rye Pumpkin Seeds are coated in bacon drippings, our Rye Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood, and a little Brown Sugar. Our Rye Whiskey is the real winner here, it creates an amazing spicy taste to the seeds that make these the ultimate snack. Try not to eat them all in one sitting, you’ll thank us later.
Shoutout to the people at Foodtastic Mom for the inspiration on the recipe. Follow along below to make your own.
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Cleveland Rye Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
- 1/2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp 5 Spice
- 4 Pieces of Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- Rinse your pumpkin seeds and set aside.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the cooked bacon, but leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Add the bourbon, pumpkin seeds, brown sugar, and salt into a bowl and mix. Carefully add them to the skillet with the bacon grease. Simmer and stir occasionally until the alcohol has cooked off.
- Once done, spread seeds out onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the seeds for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the seeds and add a pinch of brown sugar and salt on top.
- Enjoy! You can store them in an air-tight container.
- OPTIONAL: You can cut up the bacon and add them on top of the bacon seeds.