Bourbon Bang Bang Brussels Sprouts
Remember when you were younger and your parents would try anything to get you to eat your vegetables? Ultimately bribing you with something for dessert or money or a cool toy. Ahh..those were the days! Then you got older and realized that vegetables are actually pretty tasty if you throw some seasoning on them or pair them with a dish that compliments the flavor. So, with that being said, here we have Bourbon Bang Bang Brussels Sprouts!
These Sprouts are bangin’ with flavor! Our Black Reserve Bourbon slurry mixture is to die for. Make sure to get all of the sprouts coated to ensure maximum taste. If you aren’t on the sriracha bandwagon yet, you better hop on! While there is some in the bourbon slurry mixture, we highly recommend garnishing with a little more to add that extra kick needed.
These would be awesome with our Bourbon BBQ Sliders! A barbecue is only good as the cocktail you are drinking, good thing we have plenty for you to choose from. Our cocktail page has cocktails for every occasion, browse the selection and pick the one you deem most fitting!
- 1/3 c. Black Reserve Bourbon
- 1/2c. sweet chili sauce
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 oz lime juice
- Coarse salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 pound of cleaned and cut up Brussels sprouts
- Combine the first 8 ingredients listed above in a mixing bowl and mix.
- Put your Brussels Sprouts in a 1-gallon plastic bag and pour the mixture you created into the bag over the sprouts.
- Seal the bag and mix really well so all sprouts are coated.
- After 5-10 minutes you can put them on a parchment-covered baking sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for 35 minutes (flipping after about 20 minutes) until browned well around the edges.
- You can also throw them in a frying pan on the stove on medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes.
- If you love spice, you can garnish with some sriracha.