Happy Cinco De Mayo! Are you looking for a new dish that is a little different than the norm? Let’s taco bout it then!
It also happens to be Taco Tuesday! Not that you needed any extra motivation to make tacos on Cinco De Mayo. We like to do things our own way here. These tacos are not your normal tacos, you’ll see that once you take that first bite. Bourbon is who we are and what we do. Which is why we like to use it in everything if you haven’t noticed.
Seriously though, stop taking the easy way out when it comes to making tacos. Do something a little crazy and celebrate the Fifth of May with these Bourbon Chicken Street Tacos. They can get a little messy but if you can’t handle a messy taco then maybe you shouldn’t be celebrating in the first place. The messier the better, that’s what we say!
Black Reserve Bourbon, Apple juice, chicken broth….those are only a few of the key components of making the chicken so flavorful and juicy. You won’t be able to get these off your mind, my mouth is watering just writing about them right now.
Sweet corn, cheese, onion, Pico, Jalapenos, the list goes on and on of possible toppings. You can either use Corn or Flour tortillas. Customize it with your favorites and enjoy!
Stay tuned next week for something special that will make you want to cook these tacos up again!
You Will Need:
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken
- Garlic salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup Black Reserve bourbon
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 6″ Corn or Flour Tortillas
Toppings: Choose your favorites. This is what we used.
- Sweet corn
- Mexican shredded cheese
- Black Beans
- Pico de Gallo
- Lime Juice
- Season the ground chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- Cook in a large skillet until completely cooked. Remove from the pan.
- Add the garlic and cook for 20 seconds.
- Add the water, apple juice, Black Reserve bourbon, chicken broth, soy sauce, Ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, onion powder, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil. Dissolve the corn starch in a small amount of water and add to the pan. Stir thoroughly.
- Add chicken back to the pan and cook on medium for 15 minutes. Turn down to low to keep warm after 15 minutes are done.
- Put a spoonful of chicken in a tortilla and build your street taco.