This is another creation from Chef Scott Anderson, Chief Cook, Bottle Washer & Co-Owner of Community Garden Market in Shepherdstown, WV. This time, an insanely delicious and very easy-to-make Underground Vinaigrette. Highlighted by our Black Cherry Wood Finished Bourbon. There is nothing better than a refreshing salad on a hot summer day. Feel free to adjust the seasoning to your desired flavor profile but make sure you use quality ingredients, especially the mustard as that will bring it all together in an emulsion when mixed.
- 1/3 cup high-quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp of Cleveland Underground® Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
- 1 tsp Maille Dijon Mustard (or your favorite Dijon mustard)
- 1 packet of Monk Fruit Sweetener (or Sweet Leaf Stevia)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- Pinch dried parsley
- Pinch onion powder
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to incorporate until well blended.
- Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes before using to allow flavors to marry and bring out the subtle flavor of the whiskey.
- Makes about 3/4 of a cup of dressing and will last up to a week sealed in the fridge. Allow coming back to room temp before serving.