We’ve decided to bake! A Bourbon Carrot Cake!
There is no special story behind this one, just had a thought one day about carrot cake, spice and bourbon and thought it might be tasty…and it is! Using our Black Reserve in the cake batter was one of our better ideas!
You Will Need:
1 cup + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2/3 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cups packed brown sugar
1-1/2 tablespoon vanilla
3 oz Cleveland Black Reserve Bourbon
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup Almond Flour
1 cup Coconut Flour
1-1/3 tablespoon Baking Soda
1 tablespoon fine salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 Pound of grated carrots
Cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease two 8″ cake pans and coat with flour to prevent sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl: Whisk oil, and both sugars until combined and relatively smooth.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and bourbon. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl: Combine the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir until smooth.
- Fold in carrots until totally combined.
- Put even amounts of batter into the prepared baking pans and bake 23-27 minutes. Or, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.