Bourbon Lemon Mini Pound Cakes
Everyone says when life gives you lemons… make lemonade. Well, when life gives US lemons… WE make Bourbon Lemon Mini Pound Cakes. Because that’s what we do, we go against the norm and come up with unique ways to enjoy our bourbon. Quick, easy, and single serving sized. The perfect treat to have around the house all summer.
These Bourbon Lemon Mini Pound Cakes are so yummy, you’ll want to hide the rest from every one else after that first bite. Fight the urge to horde the cupcake-sized lemony bourbon goodness and share with your friends and family. They will love you for it.
Our Black Reserve Bourbon is the real secret in this recipe. Bourbon and lemon are a common pair when it comes to summer cocktails but have you ever tried combining them while cooking? If you haven’t, you should. Which is why you need to try these ASAP.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 oz Black Reserve Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Real Lemon
- Crystallized Lemon
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger, and lemon zest.
- Mix half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Then add in the remaining flour mixture.
- Mix just until the flour disappears. It will appear light and fluffy.
- Prepare a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Spoon the batter into each paper liner 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Set the mini cakes on a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
- We mixed real lemon crystals and yellow food coloring into a simple glaze to top them.