Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut
“Sometimes You Feel Like a nut, sometimes ya don’t!”
Do you remember that old jingle about Almond Joy and Mounds candy bars? How could you not! Written by Leo Corday and Leon Carr and sung by Joey Levine, the tv commercial first aired in January 1977. We were feeling nostalgic so we decided to craft a delicious, dessert cocktail that resembles the taste of these famous candy bars.
The star ingredient here is our Black Reserve Bourbon of course. This dessert cocktail is perfect for a relaxing night-in. So simple to make but the flavor is bursting after every sip. These are not meant to be taken as shots, enjoy them sip by sip. The bourbon really brings out the best in these ingredients. Enjoy with responsibility.
- 1/2 oz Dark Creme de Cocoa
- 1 1/2 oz Black Reserve
- 1/2 oz Coconut Rum
- 1/2 oz Amaretto
- Whipped Bourbon Cream (or regular whipped cream)
- Note: To make the Mounds version, leave out the Amaretto.
- Combine the first four ingredients in a cocktail tin with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a cordial or coupe glass.
- Top with bourbon cream.
Bourbon Whip Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coffee simple syrup
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
Bourbon Whip Instructions:
- In a whipped cream siphon combine the above ingredients. Use one Whipped Cream Charge and shake well. Chill when done.