Postal Fish Co’s Christmas Mead
Postal Fish Company in Pittsboro, North Carolina is a Southern Atlantic Fish House restaurant. Chef/Owner, Bill Hartley, is an out-of-the-box thinker who took an old post office and made it into a top-notch restaurant. As a company that prides itself on being unique and innovative, we were honored to partner with Bill and his staff at Postal Fish Company. They took our Christmas Bourbon and paired it with Starlight Mead’s Cranberry Orange flavored Mead to create The Postal Fish Co’s Christmas Mead. Two-holiday flavored beverages working as one to create a sweet, yet tart and tangy flavor. A perfect complement to any holiday dish.
If you’re from the area, make sure to pay a visit to Bill and try some of their amazing seafood dishes. They personally travel twice a week to select and procure the very best fish and shellfish from fishermen with who they have cultivated relationships over the years.
Grab one of these special holiday cocktails from the bar at Postal Fish Co. or make your own at home!
You Will Need:
- 1 1/4 oz Cleveland Christmas Bourbon
- 2 oz Starlight Mead Cranberry Orange
- 3 drops of Crude Bitters Smoke & Salt
- Splash of Lemon Juice
- 3 drops Crude Bitters Orange & Fig
- Club Soda
- In a shaker with ice add bourbon, mead, and smoke and salt bitters and shake vigorously.
- Strain over ice in a rocks glass and top with 1 oz club soda and orange and fig bitters.
- Serve with an oven-dried apple slice.