Bourbon Watermelon Blast
Whenever you see or hear “watermelon” it automatically takes your mind to the summer sunshine. The Bourbon Watermelon Blast is the ideal summer cocktail. It’s perfect for all summer activities like picnics, pool days, the beach the list goes on and on.
A drink like this is meant to be enjoyed while your barbecue is cooking. We paired it with our own Bourbon BBQ Sliders and it was fantastic! Plan yourself a nice picnic at your favorite spot and enjoy it with some summer classics.
Watermelon is very nutritious and can help you stay hydrated during your summer activities. Staying hydrated is key, especially while drinking a few cocktails. It really is the perfect fruit for summer. Try it for yourself and show your bourbon-loving friends.
You Will Need:
- Cocktail shaker
- Several slices of Red Seedless Watermelon
- 1 Lime
- 1 Sprig of mint
- 2 oz Black Reserve Bourbon
- Take one slice of watermelon, remove the rind, and cut into 1″ cubes.
- Put the cubes in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Strain with a fine-mesh strainer and set aside.
- Slice the lime sideways into four slices. Two thin slices and two thick slices. Set the thin slices aside for garnish. Take the thick slices and cut them both into quarters.
- Put the cubed limes in the cocktail shaker with bourbon and muddle.
- Grab the Mint Sprig and remove the pretty end for garnish. Clap the remaining mint between your hands and add it to the shaker.
- Add ice and 4 oz of watermelon juice. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass with ice.
- Garnish with a thin slice of watermelon, lime and the top of the mint sprig.