Ever had a root beer float? Hell yes! It’s a staple of summer, which is hopefully on its way. We’re in Ohio and the seasons have a mind of their own, but that doesn’t mean you have to wait until it warms up or the ice cream stands re-open. Just make yourself a Wobbly Cow!
This builds on the old school “Brown Cow” with a little more cream, a healthy amount of bourbon (hence the name), and a fruit salad for garnish. Use the richest chocolate sauce you can find (or make your own) and enjoy the unjudging comfort of your sweatpants.
You Will Need:
- Frozen Pint Glass
- Dark chocolate sauce
- 1 scoop high-quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop high-quality chocolate ice cream
- 4 oz of cold and strong root beer or sarsaparilla
- 2 oz Cleveland Whiskey Bourbon Finished with Black Cherry Wood
- 1 dash Angostura Orange Bitters
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Orange and Toschi cherries for garnish
Instructions: Build Into a Frozen Pint Glass
- Line the sides and bottom of your frozen pint glass with chocolate sauce.
- Add the scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Fill with root beer (or sarsaparilla) until the scoop is almost covered.
- Add 2 oz Cleveland Whiskey Bourbon Finished with Black Cherry Wood.
- Add the scoop of chocolate ice cream.
- Fill the rest of the way with the root beer (or sarsaparilla).
- Add a dash of orange bitters into the foam.
- Garnish with a pinch of ground nutmeg over the foam, fresh orange slices, and Toschi cherries.
- Serve with a straw and a spoon.