A Whiskey Collins is our riff on the classic Tom Collins cocktail. An original Tom Collins is usually made from gin, lemon juice, sugar, and carbonated water. It was introduced to us by “the father of American mixology,” Jerry Thomas, back in 1876. It was essentially the first grown-up lemonade ever made. Irresistibly citrusy, fizzy, and refreshing. Shoutout to Jerry, he really did the thing with this one! There have been many variations over the years like a simple Summer Collins which is a two-ingredients cocktail consisting only of equal parts gin and lemonade. The Vodka Collins uses vodka in place of gin. “The South Side” uses limeade in place of lemonade and adds mint. A Rum Collins uses light rum in place of gin, the opportunities are endless.
Our Whiskey Collins uses our Wheated Bourbon, Orange Juice, simple syrup, Club Soda, muddled lemons, and a rimmed glass with sugar and Real Lime powder. The flavors all work together to create the perfect summer sipper! The Wheat Penny Bourbon gives it that slight kick to balance out all that sweetness. It is so refreshing and will surely keep you cool while you enjoy the beautiful summer sun. Be sure to muddle the lemon quarters thoroughly before adding in the other elements of the cocktail. Please enjoy responsibly, cheers!
- 2 oz Wheat Penny Bourbon
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Club Soda
- 1 Lemon
- Real Lime Powder
- Cut a lemon slice into quarters and muddle it in a cocktail tin with bourbon.
- Add orange juice, simple syrup, and ice. Stir.
- Combine sugar and real lime powder on a flat plate.
- Squeeze lemon juice onto another flat plate. Rim your glasses with lemon juice and then the sugar mixture.
- Add lemon slices and ice.
- Strain the cocktail tin into the prepped glasses and top with club soda.