The Irish Angel
The color green is often associated with Ireland, which is known as the “Emerald Isle” due to its lush green landscape. As a result, many people choose to incorporate the color green into their St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, including their drinks! It started back in the early 20th century when Irish Americans started to use green food coloring to dye their beer in honor of their heritage. Nowadays, it’s common to see all kinds of cocktails and beverages sport the green color. A green cocktail is a great way to get St. Patrick’s Day started.
So get the Irish music queued up, get your jig ready, and wear all the green you can find because it’s time to raise a glass and toast to the luck of the Irish! Celebrate the day with a refreshing Irish Angel, the perfect green cocktail. The Irish Angel is loaded with flavor and is a great complement to the traditional Irish Corned Beef Sandwich. It’s easy to make and will have you feeling like a Leprechaun sitting on a pot of gold. Sláinte! Please drink responsibly.
To purchase a bottle of Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon online, click here.
The Irish Angel
- 1 1/2 oz Wheat Penny 1958® Bourbon
- 1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 oz Bolthouse Farms Pineapple Kale Ginger Boost
- 1 tbsp Honey Syrup (1:1 honey & hot water)
- 1 slice of Cucumber
- 4 leaves of Fresh Basil
- Lemon Twist
- Q-Mixers Tonic Water
- Mint Sprig
- Fill a Collins or Pint glass with ice, top with water, and set aside to chill.
- In a shaker tin, muddle the cucumber with the bourbon and lemon juice.
- Add the honey syrup and the Bolthouse Farms juice and shake aggressively without ice until the honey dissolves.
- Roll and spank the basil and toss it into a shaker tin.
- Add the ice and shake to serving temperature.
- Discard the ice water from the glass, and fill it with fresh ice.
- Strain the mixture into the glass. Top with Tonic Water.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lemon twist.