Sweet Heat Alexander
The Greater Cleveland Food Bank recently held its Virtual Market at Home event. The event is part of their Harvest for Hunger campaign and it featured some local celebrity chefs including Chef Clark Pope of Pope’s Kitchen. It gave viewers the chance to cook and concoct with the pros! We collaborated with Chef Pope to create the Sweet Heat Alexander. A riff on the Brandy Alexander, a popular dessert cocktail.
A classic Brandy Alexander is made with Creme de Cacao, brandy, and cream. Our version has a whole lot more going on. Starting with Pope’s Orange Habanero Syrup, made with fresh habanero steeped in pure orange juice. It really takes this cocktail to a whole new level. The sweet and smoky taste of our Wheat Penny and the spice from the Orange Habanero Syrup create a perfectly balanced flavor profile on the palate. For the finish, the Dark Creme de Cacao comes in and gives it a sweet, smooth finish. This is the perfect after-dinner cocktail.
Ingredients: Makes Two
- 4 oz Wheat Penny Bourbon (R)
- 1 3/4 oz Dark Creme de Cacao Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz Pope’s Orange Habanero Syrup
- 3 oz Half and Half
- Instant Coffee Crystals
- Combine all the ingredients except for the coffee crystals in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into two chilled coupe glasses.
- Garnish with a dusting of instant coffee crystals.