Strawberry Rhubarb Whiskey Sour
This isn’t your typical run-of-the-mill whiskey sour, oh no, this Strawberry Rhubarb Whiskey Sour is badass! Just like you! There’s no better time to enjoy a whiskey sour than on a warm sunny day, and it just so happens that there are plenty of those on the way.
The homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Simple Syrup is so tasty, a very key component of this cocktail, don’t skip out on it. It’s not difficult to make at all, just make sure to keep an eye on it while it simmers so you don’t burn it. The rest of the ingredients are perfect to keep you cool and refreshed on a sunny day. You can’t have a whiskey sour without lemon juice and whiskey, we decided to use our Black Cherry Wood Bourbon because why wouldn’t we? It’s awesome! Finish it off with some fresh strawberries and a fresh rhubarb stalk for garnish and you have yourself one hell of a whiskey sour. Please enjoy responsibly.
- 2 oz Underground Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
- Egg White (optional)
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1.5 oz Strawberry Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- In a cocktail shaker, dry shake the bourbon, egg white, lemon juice, and Strawberry Rhubarb simple syrup.
- Add ice to chill. Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a strawberry and a stalk of rhubarb.
Strawberry Rhubarb Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1.5 cup of cubed Rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry powder
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
Strawberry Rhubarb Simple Syrup Instructions:
- Combine rhubarb and water in a saucepan and cook until the rhubarb is soft and stringy. Add strawberry powder and sugar
- Simmer for a few minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. Strain into a glass container and store in the refrigerator.