Strawberry Lime Snow Mule
It’s been snow, snow, and more snow the past two weeks up here in Cleveland. In fact, most of the US has been getting hit hard by mother nature. When we get this much snow, we make snow cocktails! We crafted the Strawberry Lime Snow Mule! A fun, delicious cocktail that can be made indoors or outdoors. Grab your snow gear and your Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon and embrace the winter weather. Or, if you’d rather stay warm, grab some sort of a scooper and run outside and scoop some snow into a bowl.
A few tips if making outside:
- Wear Gloves.
- Wait until it stops snowing, the wind messes with the sifting process.
- Find fresh, clean snow.
- Open your ginger beer and bourbon before going outside.
- Take a cool picture.
- Have fun with it.
- Giant bowl of fresh, clean snow (can use ice shaver but you will need a lot of it)
- 1/4 cup strawberry powder
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon True Lime crystals
- 2 oz Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon
- About 3 oz ginger beer
- Combine strawberry powder, sugar, and lime crystals in a resealable plastic bag. Shake to combine, really give it a good shake.
- Take a little bit of your snow and build a layer at the bottom of a cocktail glass. Then, sift a layer of fruit powder mixture, then add another layer of snow. Repeat about four times.
- Add your bourbon and let the snow melt down. Add another layer of snow and then add ginger beer. Stir it up a little bit to combine ingredients.
- Add another layer of snow on top for garnish.