Spicy Chai Hot Toddy
Today, January 11th is National Hot Toddy Day! Hot Toddys, or hot whisky in Ireland, are popular around this time of the year because of what they can do to help you combat this cold, wet weather. On top of that, they are usually really tasty. There are many different ways you can make a Toddy, the more creative the better is what we say. We got a little help from our friends over at Akron Honey and decided to use their Habanero Hot Honey which helped build the Spicy Chai Hot Toddy.
Can’t forget about what makes a Toddy a Toddy, some liquor! We are using our very tasty Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon, a perfect complement to the sweet heat that the honey brings. Put those together with some Ginger Spice Tea, this cocktail will be sure to warm you from the inside out.
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup Prepared Stash Ginger Spice Chai Tea
- 1 teaspoon Akron Honey Habanero Hot Honey (Bourbon Honey works well if this is too spicy for you)
- 1-1/2 oz Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon
- Anise Star
- In a mug prepare Chai Tea with boiling water.
- Add honey and Bourbon and stir well.
- Garnish with Anise Star.