Smoked Black Cherry Old-Fashioned
If you want to elevate your cocktail game, a smoked old-fashioned is the way to go! The simple addition of a cocktail smoker can take your traditional drink into an eye-catching libation. The extra flavor you get from the cherry and oak wood makes this Smoked Black Cherry Old-Fashioned super flavorful. We used our specially made Cleveland Whiskey cocktail smoker from ckhelenstudio! She has multiple cocktail smokers available for sale on her Etsy page, check it out!
We are always encouraging folks to use our Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood when making their next Old-Fashioned and when you add in the cherry wood smoke, it takes it over the top. Especially this time of year, the warmth from the whiskey and the slight sweetness from the sugar make for a great combo. To give this drink a little more spice, we added some Spicy Tamarind Vodka! It is a bold combination of Tamarind with notes of lime and finished with spicy notes from a mix of chilis. If you don’t like your drinks spicy, you can use orange curacao instead of spicy tamarind. You can make these smoked old-fashioned for any occasion: Guys’ night, girls’ night, cocktail hour, the big game, fall festivities, the list goes on and on. If you’ve never had a smoked old-fashioned before, now is your time to try one, cheers!
Smoked Black Cherry Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Black Cherry Wood Finished Bourbon
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 dash of Cherry Bitters
- 1/2 oz Orange Curacao OR Spicy Tamarind Vodka
- Cherry/Oak wood to smoke
- Lemon peel
- In a cocktail tin combine sugar and bitters. Blend well with a muddler or spoon.
- Add bourbon and other spirits of your choice. Stir well and squeeze your lemon peel into the tin.
- Pour over a large ice block or ball in a rocks glass.
- Rub the rim of the glass with the lemon peel.
- Garnish with a cherry and lemon peel.
- To smoke, place the smoker over the glass, add wood shavings, and burn it with the torch until the desired amount of smoke comes down into the glass.