Santa’s Special Cocoa Old-Fashioned
Ever wonder what Santa drinks after he gets home from delivering toys all around the world? Well, we called our big, white-bearded friend and he gave us his very own Santa’s Special Cocoa Old-Fashioned. To no one’s surprise, he uses our Black Reserve Bourbon! Now we know who has been ordering cases of Black Reserve from the North Pole, we see you Santa. It’s tough work trying to circle the world and deliver presents to every person on the nice list, this cocktail lets Santa unwind and also warms him up after his long journey.
“It’s so easy to make!” Said Mrs. Clause who knows the recipe like the back of her hand. She makes sure to have one waiting for Santa. She did reveal that she likes to indulge in Santa’s Special Cocoa Old-Fashioned as well. “Santa can get pretty grumpy and stressed during the weeks leading up to Christmas, so sometimes I’ll make myself one to escape the craziness that is Christmas.”
Share Santa’s Special Cocoa with friends and family, Happy Holidays!
You Will Need:
- 2 oz Black Reserve
- 1 oz Dark Creme de Cocoa
- 1 oz Clear Creme de Menthe
- 2 Dashes Aztec Chocolate Bitters
- Melting Chocolate
- Jimmies or Sanding Sugar
- Miny Candy Canes
- Melt the chocolate in a shallow dish. While the chocolate is melted rim the glass first with the melted chocolate and then the jimmies. Allow it to harden.
- In a cocktail tin with ice stir together the first four ingredients.
- Strain over a large ice cube in a prepared rocks glass.
- Garnish with a mini candy cane. Santa will love you.