Sage & Honey
Sage has a very strong aroma and an earthy flavor which is why it’s usually used in small amounts. We paired it up with some of Akron Honey’s Bourbon Barrel Honey and made a perfectly balanced Honey Sage Simple Syrup. We just can’t get enough of that Bourbon Barrel Honey and you know what Wes the Beekeeper says, “Put it on everything!” Mix up the syrup and our Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood and pour it over ice and you have yourself a Sage & Honey. A perfectly balanced cocktail that is meant to be enjoyed on a beautiful sunny day. If you’re looking for a sweeter flavor, add more of the Honey Sage Simple Syrup.
When making your Honey Sage Syrup, don’t forget to let it cool after it’s done simmering. And remember, please enjoy responsibly.
- 2-3 oz Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
- 3 tbsp Honey Sage Syrup
- 1-2 fresh sage leaves for garnish
- 2 Dashes of Lemon Bitters
- Stir bourbon, cooled syrup, and lemon bitters in a mixing glass. Fill a lowball glass with ice and pour the mix over ice.
- Garnish with a fresh sage leaf and orange peel.
- For a sweeter taste add more honey sage syrup.
Honey Sage Syrup Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of Akron Bourbon Barrel Honey
- 1 cup of water
- 10 fresh sage leaves
Honey Sage Syrup Instructions:
- Bring ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce to low and simmer for three minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the syrup cool.