Red’s Iced Tea
Red’s Iced Tea! This bourbon iced tea is an ode to Red the Coyote! He is part of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History’s PAWS Program. A sponsorship opportunity allowing animal lovers to support wildlife and CMNH’s wildlife department. Become an adult sponsor and you’ll receive a unique cocktail recipe book that is tailored to the animals courtesy of your friends here at Cleveland Whiskey! You will also receive a certificate of sponsorship, quarterly updates, unseen photos, and a digital coloring book.
First things first, we start with our Black Cherry Wood Bourbon for the spirit of choice. We muddled the bourbon with fresh strawberries, triple sec, and fresh lemon juice. Muddling the fruit releases their juices and helps the flavors bind with the alcohol better than simply using them whole. It also helps create that beautiful crimson color. The fresh basil adds in a unique sweet and savory taste and gives the cocktail a very nice fragrance. The iced tea to top it off makes this cocktail fresh, light, thirst-quenching, and totally delicious.
This bourbon iced tea recipe calls for two, grab a friend and enjoy. A delicious bourbon cocktail is always better with a friend!
Cocktail Ingredients: Makes Two
- 4 oz Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Fresh lemon juice
- Sweetened iced tea
- 2 Sprigs of Basil
- A handful of ripe strawberries
- Lemon wheel
- In a cocktail shaker with no ice add and muddle thoroughly the bourbon, triple sec, fresh lemon juice, and a handful of ripe strawberries.
- Add a sprig of fresh basil, rolled and spanked, then fill shaker tin with ice and shake.
- Strain equally into two chilled pint glasses packed with ice and top with sweetened iced tea.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and a sprig of fresh basil.