The Piquant Pineapple
“Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.” That’s what it means to be a pineapple. A pretty good lifestyle to live if you ask me. Who wouldn’t want to wear a crown every day?
Named for a historic hotel in Manhattan, this cocktail is based on the Algonquin. This is an often-overlooked cocktail and most people wouldn’t even try it back in the 1930s. People often used it for an early morning cocktail or something to wet the mouth during brunch hours. Which is what we are recommending you to do!
We wouldn’t just recommend you indulge in an early morning cocktail without giving you something of substance to go along with it. That’s just a disaster waiting to happen.
Piquant Pineapple meets Bourbon Banana Pancakes. Together they will fulfill all your bourbon needs. Now, go prove those people wrong that tell you, you aren’t a morning person.
You Will Need:
- Chilled Coupe Glass
- Shaker Tin
- 1.5 oz of Cleveland Whiskey Rye Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood.
- 1/2 oz Bianco Vermouth (White or Dry)
- 3/4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz Pope’s Orange Habanero syrup
- 1 dash Angostura Orange Bitters
- Fresh Lime
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin with ice, shake and strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a fresh lime slice covered in Tajín seasoning.