We are well aware it’s the dead of Winter. We think we should be celebrating and drinking smoothies, made with our whiskey of course. And pineapple. And lime. And basil. And dreaming of being in Maui, pool or ocean side. Breeze blowing, a scorching sun, and the pervasive smell of coconut oil. Bronzed bodies, waves rolling, turquoise waters, and waiters delivering cold drinks in the sand.
Are we there yet?
Celebrate, drink and dream. Spring is only 50 days away, give or take a few smoothies (a few of these yummy smoothies and the space-time continuum evaporates and you can be anywhere). Because after all, pineapple and whiskey – does it get any better than this? We think not. So have a happy nappy on the beach. Just keep your smoothie in the shade – it’s more delightful cold. And may we recommend loading up on the drink umbrellas for fun, and sunscreen.
You will need:
8 Large frozen pineapple chunks
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (roughly 3 limes)
4-5 large basil leaves
4 oz Underground Black Cherry Wood Bourbon
2 oz Simple Syrup
club soda, as needed
granulated sugar, as needed
- Place the pineapple into a high-powered blender until smooth
- Place the lime juice and basil leaves in a clean blender container. Blend completely.
- Combine pineapple juice, lime-basil mixture, whiskey and syrup in a pitcher. Stir thoroughly.
- Rim chilled glass with granulated sugar and fill 3/4 full.
- Finish with club soda.
- Garnish the glass with a sprig of fresh basil and a slice of lime.