You will need:
1 oz Cleveland Whiskey Black Cherry Wood Rye Whiskey
¼ oz Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur (the dark bottle)*
½ oz Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur**
½ oz Cherry Heering***
¾ oz Half and Half
1 medium pasteurized raw egg white (optional, but creates superior texture)
2 dashes Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate bitters
- Fill a coupe glass with ice and water, set aside.
- Add all ingredients except the shaved chocolate and cumin into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake aggressively, keeping adequate pressure to avoid getting the cocktail all over you.
- Strain contents into another shaker tin and aggressively shake without ice to froth the egg white and aerate the cocktail.
- Discard the ice water from the coupe glass and strain cocktail into it it.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate and a pinch of and ground cumin.
* There is no substitute. This stuff is as peculiar as it is awesome.
** Any decent dark creme de cocoa will do.
*** Any quality cherry liqueur will do, except Luxardo’s Maraschino liqueur. That’s an entirely different kind of delicious.