Mango Bourbon Slush
It’s time to Spring Forward! This weekend we will be turning our clocks forward one hour. The good news, we get an extra hour of daylight, wahoo! The bad news, we lost an hour in the process. A pretty fair tradeoff. Here in the Midwest, we celebrate daylight savings time, which means that Spring and Summer are very near. What better way to celebrate than with a “fancy” cocktail. Introducing the Mango Bourbon Slush! Since we all lose an hour of our day this weekend, we wanted to help get back some of that time by making this the easiest, fancy cocktail you’ll ever concoct. It might not get you the full hour back, but every minute counts!
Instead of having to wait to freeze your traditional mangoes and then it being very difficult to cut into chunks, we decided to use Outshine Mango Fruit Bars! They are made with real fruit juice so the taste is just as refreshing as a freshly picked mango. Blend in some of our Wheat Penny Bourbon, a little bit of lime juice and you’re all ready to spring forward!
- Two Outshine Mango frozen treats
- 2 oz Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon
- 2 Lime slices
- Whipped cream
- Dried mango slice
- Remove the frozen Mango treats from the sticks and cut them into chunks.
- Place mango chunks, wheat penny, and the juice of one lime slice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a coupe glass and garnish with a little whipped cream, mango slice, and lime slice.