Linus, Calvin, and Hobbes
This week’s wheated bourbon and pomegranate cocktail draws inspiration from our three North American River Otter friends, Linus, Calvin, and Hobbes. They are a part of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History’s PAWS Program. PAWS is a new yearly sponsorship opportunity allowing animal lovers to support wildlife and CMNH’s wildlife department. We partnered with them on the adult sponsorship option, which includes a unique cocktail recipe book that is tailored to the animals. On top of that, you will receive a certificate of sponsorship, unseen photos, a digital coloring book, and quarterly updates about the animals.
Our three friends are nearly inseparable, they do everything together. It’s good to enjoy things with your friends, especially your bourbon friends! Share this recipe with your closest friends and enjoy it together. Cocktails always taste better when you have company around. Please continue to be safe, you can always have a virtual cocktail hour. Whoever you choose to enjoy this with, just know, it is delicious! Our Wheat Penny Bourbon works so well with the tartness of the pomegranate juice. The raspberry garnish is a real game-changer, it makes you not want to put the drink down every time you take a sip.
You Will Need:
- 4 oz Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon
- 1 1/2 oz Pomegranate Juice
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosewater
- 2 Dashes Orange Bitters
- Orange peel twist
- Fresh Raspberries for garnish
Instructions: Makes Two
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice and add water, let rest to chill.
- In a mixing tin add ice, Wheat Penny Bourbon, pomegranate juice, simple syrup, rosewater, and orange bitters. Stir.
- Empty your rocks glasses and refill them with ice. Strain the cocktail evenly between the two glasses.
- Rim the glass with the orange peel twist and discard.
- Garnish with a few fresh raspberries and enjoy.