It’s difficult not to love this drink. Not only is it visually stunning, but it’s creamy and crunchy and green. And it contains our Black Reserve Bourbon, so it’s perfect. While I’m not advocating you swap this out with your early morning, post-workout green healthy beverage, … I’ve had worse ideas. Pretend you’re actually in the Florida Keys, which is from where the Key Lime Pie originated, and you might be able to talk yourself into sloshing one of these fantastic drinks down, post early-a.m. workout. While this is not necessarily advised, it is not necessarily frowned upon either. Who am I. That morning work out might be grueling. Green is green is green at 5 a.m.. And it does contain a healthy egg white.
You will need:
2 oz Black Reserve Bourbon
1 1/2 oz Lime Juice
1 Egg White (I used pasteurized egg)
2 oz Simple Syrup
Pinch of salt
Key lime slice
- In a cocktail shaker combine Bourbon, Lime Juice, egg white and the rest of the simple syrup.
- Hold the shaker closed tight and shake with no ice for 20-30 seconds.
- Next, add ice and shake for another 10 seconds to cool down the cocktail
- Pour into the prepared couple glass and add lime to garnish
Rim Dressing Instructions:
- Crush Graham Cracker to a fine dust and add sugar and salt
- Put in a small dish
- Put 1 oz Simple Syrup in another small dish
- Run the rim of the glass through the simple syrup and then dip in the graham