Hot Buttered Black Reserve
February is known to be one of, if not the coldest month of the year, good thing it’s also the shortest. To help stay warm this month, we thought a hot cocktail would do wonders. Not just any hot cocktail, a riff on the classic Hot Buttered Rum. Not only is the cocktail hot in temperature, but the spices we added give it that spicy warm taste that can help warm you up from the inside out.
Shoutout to Fire Spice Company for the expert spice advice. They create fresh, handcrafted spices that have been properly toasted and ground. We used their French Spice Cake kit to help make our cocktail as tasty as possible. It uses Quatre Epices, a spice mix used mainly in the French kitchen. Its name literally means “four spices.” Typically containing ground pepper, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger. Enjoy a Hot Buttered Black Reserve all month-long, you’re going to need it.
You Will Need:
- 1-1/2 oz Black Reserve
- 1 Pat of softened butter
- 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Fire Spice – French Spice Cake
- Hot Water
- Orange Twist
- In a mug or Irish coffee cup combine butter, brown sugar, and spice.
- Stir with a bar spoon until completely combined.
- Add your bourbon and then add hot water to fill. Stir really well.
- Garnish with an orange twist.