We’re trying to warm you up to the idea, literally, that hats, mittens and coats will soon be needed. The Autumnal Equinox just happened and we’re already gearing up for warm drinks and recipes containing our most popular bourbons. This cider is so tasty you won’t mind Ohio-bernation. But beware, this recipe should have a disclaimer on the recipe card: Do not prepare this cozy and yummy drink for house guests or family for whom you don’t care too much. Share with caution. But get out the fuzzy socks anyhow. They’re always nice to have when you’re sipping cider. Cheers.
You will need:
5 oz. apple cider
1 oz boysenberry syrup
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
5 whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 oz. Underground Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
1. In a small saucepan, combine the apple cider, raspberry syrup, orange zest, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon.
2. Heat the mixture until steam rises from the surface; DO NOT BOIL.
3. With a spoon, remove the cloves.
4. Pour the hot mixture into a warmed heat-resistant mug.
5. Add the bourbon and stir.
6. Garnish with Whipped Cream and add a cinnamon stick