Ginger-Berry Whiskey Fizz
The summer of whiskey continues with the Ginger-Berry Whiskey Fizz! You can tell how light and fresh this cocktail is just by looking at the photo. The slightly sweet taste of the muddled raspberries pairs perfectly with the spice from our Rye Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood and the fresh ginger. That combination of spice and sweetness makes a perfectly balanced cocktail. Everything is working together in this cocktail, the tastes, the colors, the aromas, it’s a summer masterpiece!
Having a unique simple syrup can really elevate your cocktail. It helps disperse the sweetness evenly throughout the beverage. The best part about making simple syrup is that you can get as creative as you want. For this refreshing cocktail, we created a Ginger Honey Simple Syrup. Fresh ginger, honey, and water. That’s it. Follow the simple instructions below and then you’re ready to craft!
Grab your favorite lawn chair, your sunglasses, some sunscreen, and enjoy this at home on a hot summer day. Please drink responsibly.
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
- 1 oz Ginger Honey Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 2 dashes of toasted almond bitters
- Sparkling water
- In a shaker tin muddle part of the blueberries, be sure to save a few for garnish. Add rye whiskey, simple syrup, bitters, and ice.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Strain into a tall glass with ice.
- Top with sparkling water and garnish with blueberries.
Ginger Honey Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Fresh Ginger peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3/4 cup Water
Ginger Honey Simple Syrup Instructions:
- In a saucepan over medium heat brown the ginger slices for 3 minutes on each side. Add honey and water then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Bottle and use. Refrigerate when done.