Dark Cherry Bourbon Delight
Sweetest Day is coming up this Saturday and we have the perfect cocktail for you to share with your sweetie. Spend your day cozied up with this Dark Cherry Bourbon Delight for a perfect fall Saturday! Treat the one who means the most to you with this deliciously sweet cocktail that features our Christmas Bourbon. The notes of holiday baking spices from the Christmas Bourbon and the sweet, rich notes of cherry from the Cherry Heering are a match made in heaven. We topped this cocktail off with S. Pellegrino’s Dark Morello Cherry & Pomegranate flavored mineral water to add a powerful aroma and taste of fine red fruits and add in some gentle bubbles.
Go the extra mile for your sweetie with a Pomegranate Fruit Leather garnish, it adds a romantic touch to the cocktail. You can use a knife or a small cookie cutter to cut a shape out of the fruit leather. We used a small flower and a tiny flower but you can do whatever you would like. We sprinkled some sanding sugar onto the cut-outs and then slid them on a cocktail stick to put into the drink.
Fun fact, the first-ever Sweetest Day celebrated was right here in Cleveland, Ohio on October 10th, 1921. The Sweetest Day Committee distributed over 20,000 boxes of candy to “newsboys, orphans, old folks, and the poor” in Cleveland. How cool is that!?
- 2 oz Christmas Bourbon
- 1 oz Cherry Heering
- 2 Dashes of Lemon Bitters
- S. Pellegrino Essenza Dark Morello Cherry & Pomegranate Flavored Mineral Water
- Pomegranate Fruit Leather
- Sanding sugar in colors of your choice
- In a cocktail tin with ice combine Christmas Bourbon, Cherry Heering, and Lemon bitters. Stir well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass with a large cube and top with Mineral Water.
- Slide your fruit leather creations on a cocktail pick and sit them in the cocktail.