Cleveland Rye Tai
Introducing the Cleveland Rye Tai! A riff on, you guessed it, the classic Mai Tai! We used our Rye Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood in place of the rum. That’s not all though! Our 2021 Christmas Bourbon is ready to make its debut. It adds a unique twist to the cocktail like the Dark Rum floater in a classic Mai Tai, that will light up your tastebuds like the angel on top of your Christmas tree. By the way, the 2021 labels have been revealed, check out our Instagram if you haven’t seen them. Anyways, the sweet orange flavor you get from the Orange Curacao Liqueur and Orange juice meshes so well with our Rye whiskey. The balance between them lets the citrus from the orgeat syrup and fresh lime juice shine. Light and refreshing on the palate and just enough kick on the finish, a sign of a perfectly balanced cocktail.
A Mint Sprig garnish is a must for any type of Mai Tai. It adds a huge aroma boost and also creates a great visual. Big, bushy, and bright Mint sprigs are recommended. Enjoy a Cleveland Rye Tai before the summer sun is gone, and get excited about Christmas Bourbon all at the same time. Cheers!
- 1 1/2 oz Underground Rye Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- 1/2 oz Orange Curacao Liqueur
- 1 oz Orgeat Syrup
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Cleveland Christmas Bourbon
- Mint Sprig
- In a shaker tin with ice combine all the ingredients but the Christmas Bourbon and the mint sprig and shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass with fresh ice.
- Float the Christmas Bourbon.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.