Salty, sweet and spicy. Three great tastes that have their differences, combine all three and you get something like you’ve never had before.
The Saltiness comes from the citrus rimming salt. Adding a dash of salt to any food or drink can really bring out all the flavors involved. The sweet flavor is from the honey syrup and lime juice. Sweetness is a basic taste but is very pleasurable if given the right amount. The spice will come from the Cholula sauce. It won’t be over powering because of all the other elements of the cocktail. Trust us, it’s not just hot to be hot, it is flavorful.
The silver tequila and salt makes you think margarita right away but the tequila mixes well with our Black Reserve and creates a nice balance where one isn’t over powering the other.
It’s not a cure-all but it can spice up a boring night at home that’s for sure! If you’re bold enough, try this recipe out!
You will need:
For the cocktail:
- 4 dashes Cholula sauce
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. honey syrup
- 1 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. Black Reserve
- Tajin Citrus rimming salt
- 1 sift Hot or sweet Paprika
For the honey syrup:
- 1 part honey
- 1 part hot water
- In a small container combine the honey and hot water and stir with an immersion blender until completely mixed.
- Use immediately or store and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Cholula sauce, lime juice, honey syrup, tequila and bourbon
- Shake vigorously.
- Strai into a rocks glass with a large ice cube or ball
- Rim with Tajin
- Garnish with a lime wedge.