Cleveland De Mayo
Celebrate this year’s Cinco De Mayo with a different kind of margarita. A Cleveland De Mayo! Instead of tequila, we used our Bourbon Whiskey FInished with Apple Wood for the spirit of choice. This bourbon has a smokey finish, just like tequila, so it goes great with the strong flavors of a margarita. You can top it off with a splash of Sprite or 7-Up for bubbles and sweetness or Club Soda for just bubbles.
The cocktail glass rim is crucial! All you have to do s rim your glass with simple syrup and then season it with Tajin classic Chili Lime Seasoning. If you’re feeling up to it, you can also rim your glass with Coconut Rum to give it some extra flavor notes. Cheers!
Cleveland de Mayo
- 1.5 oz Apple Wood Bourbon
- 1/2 oz Dry Curacao or Orange Brandy
- 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 2-3 Dashes Grapefruit Bitters
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Club Soda
- Simple Syrup
- Tajin Seasoning for Glass Rim
- Rim a rocks glass with a combination of Simple Syrup and Coconut Rum and dip in Tajin Classic Chili Lime Seasoning.
- Fill with ice and set aside.
- Shake drink ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into the prepared glass.
- Top with a splash of Club Soda.