Christmas Bourbon Almonds
While we love enjoying a glass of Christmas Bourbon, sometimes it’s best to experiment with your spirits. Last year we made Christmas Bourbon Sugar Plums and they were delicious! Our Christmas Bourbon can be used in a lot of different ways. This year we made Christmas Bourbon Almonds and they are oh, so good! Especially when you crush them and put them over a bowl of Butter Pecan Ice Cream. Have yourself a night and pair the bowl of ice cream with a glass of Christmas Bourbon on ice with a cinnamon stick and anise star. The balance of sweet and spice makes for a delicious dessert.
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups of salted almonds
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice
- 1/3 cup of Christmas Bourbon
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; stir in the vanilla. Add almonds and stir gently to coat.
- Combine the sugars and spice. Add to the nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Line a baking sheet or pan with parchment; spread the mixture evenly and bake in the oven at 250F for 40 minutes.
- Evenly douse with Christmas Bourbon and bake for another 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Crush and sprinkle over butter pecan ice cream. Serve with Christmas Bourbon on ice with a cinnamon stick and anise star.