Cherry Bourbonilla Fizz
Waffles aren’t just for breakfast and dessert! Celebrate National Waffle Day with this unique Cherry Bourbonilla Fizz. Highlighted by a Stroopwafel and cherry garnish. For those who don’t know, a Stroopwafel is a wafer waffle made from two thin layers of baked dough joined by a caramel filling. This beautiful garnish adds visual appeal, aromatics, and subtle flavors to the cocktail. It may not seem important but having a unique garnish can really enhance your cocktail experience. Just imagine if we presented this cocktail with no garnish, it’s not nearly as exciting or appealing. Just a thought for all you cocktail connoisseurs out there.
Regular cherries have a sour taste while black cherries have more sweet notes on the palate. This is why the combination of our Black Cherry Wood Bourbon and the cherry juice concentrate works so well! The best part about cherry juice concentrate, there’s no added sugar and it tastes just like fresh cherries. The lemon bitters add to that fresh and fruity-tangy taste as well as giving the cocktail an intense citrus note both on the palate and the nose. Top it off with some Vanilla Cream Soda to give it a light, creamy feeling after every sip.
- 2 oz Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood
- 1 oz Cherry Juice Concentrate
- 3 shakes of lemon bitters
- Vanilla Cream Soda
- Stroopwafel and Cherries for garnish
- In a cocktail tin with ice combine bourbon, cherry juice concentrate, and bitters.
- Shake well and strain into a tall cocktail glass with fresh ice.
- Top with Vanilla Cream Soda and give it a stir.
- Garnish with a stroopwafel wedge and a cherry.