Chai is such an interesting beverage. In India, it’s a way of life. Almost everywhere you go you will see people drinking the sweet beverage. In America, it’s more known as a flavor of tea with notes of cinnamon or cardamom. What people don’t know is that chai is not a flavor of tea, it is tea. Chai literally translates to “tea” in Hindi. You learn something new every day!
Here’s a new cocktail recipe we came up with, you can probably guess at least one ingredient in it already. The Chai Obsession! A delicious cocktail that combines a bunch of different flavors to create a refreshing and unique taste. If you’re a fan of Chai we highly recommend giving this a try. Don’t limit yourself to chai tea, get creative! Cheers.
- 1.5 oz Sugar Maple Wood Bourbon
- 1/4 oz Absinthe
- Gran Gala Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Disaronno
- Mint Leaves
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Rybu Grapefruit Juice
- 1/4 oz Orgeat Chai Syrup
- 2 Dashes Orange Bitters
- 2 Dashes Aromatic Bitters
- Pineapple Juice
- Maraschino Cherry
- Lime Wedge
- Fill a Collins glass with ice, add Absinthe, and fill with water to chill.
- In a shaker tin, add the rest of the ingredients (except pineapple juice and cherry) and shake.
- Dump the Absinthe-rinsed glass, repack with ice.
- Strain cocktail over ice, top with a splash of pineapple juice and garnish with a maraschino cherry and a lime wedge.