Caramel Apple Manhatten
Fall is in full swing and we are keeping our promise of having a few fall-themed cocktails in a row. Nothing says fall quite like a caramel apple, the tart flavor of the apple combined with the sweetness of the caramel makes for the perfect fall snack. For everyone’s sake, we captured that flavor in The Caramel Apple Manhattan. Yeah, we will just say you’re welcome now to get it over with, no need to thank us.
The combination of our Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon, Apple Brandy, and Butterscotch Liqueur is the combination we came up with to emulate the taste of a real caramel apple. It’s delicious. Seriously, even if you have never been a fan of caramel apples, you gotta give this a try!
The caramelized sugar swirl is easy to make, but please be careful. It adds a touch of elegance to a simple cocktail. Embrace the change of weather and get your fall on this weekend with the Caramel Apple Manhattan.
You Will Need:
- 1.5oz Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon
- 1oz Apple Brandy
- 1/2oz Butterscotch Liqueur
- 2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Caramelized sugar swirl for garnish
- In a cocktail tin with ice combine Bourbon, Brandy, Butterscotch Liqueur, and Angostura Bitters.
- Give it a nice stir and strain into a rocks glass with a large ice block or ball.
- Garnish with caramelized sugar swirl.