Bourbon World Traveler
Pack your bags, and don’t forget your passport, we’re taking you on a trip around the world with the Bourbon World Traveler!
Before you start mixing the cocktail, you must make the Cocoa and Five Spice Simple Syrup. Start with some Valrhona Cocoa Powder which is made in the small village of Tain L’Hermitage, France. To ensure quality and refinement, they grow their own cocoa beans in Venezuela and in the Dominican Republic. Combine the cocoa powder with some Five Spice seasoning, sugar, and water, and let the saucepan do the work. All you have to do is ring it to a boil, then let it simmer until the sugars are dissolved and the ingredients are combined. Not only does the simple syrup enhance the taste of the cocktail, but it also gives it a unique aromatic profile.
For the bourbon, you’ll be using our American-made Bourbon Whiskey Finished with Black Cherry Wood. The slightly sweet notes of the bourbon and the tart, sweet flavors from the muddles frozen raspberries create an irresistibly sweet flavor. Together they also create a beautiful, vibrant berry color. Use some Ginger Beer to get that pleasant tingling, cooling sensation after every sip.
The Bourbon World Traveler presents flavors from Europe, Asia, South America, Dominican Republic, and America. Just like a tourist, pictures are a must! Share your creation with us via social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook using @clevelandwhiskey and on Twitter using @clevewhiskey.
- 2 oz Black Cherry Wood Bourbon
- 1 oz Cocoa and 5 Spice Simple Syrup
- Raspberries (frozen from the bag)
- Ginger Beer
- In a cocktail tin combine Bourbon, syrup, and 5-8 raspberries.
- Muddle lightly and add ice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a cocktail glass with ice. Top with Ginger Beer or Bold Ginger Ale. Garnish with more raspberries.
Cocoa and 5 Spice Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Demerara Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 tbsp Five Spice
Cocoa and 5 Spice Simple Syrup Instructions:
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring all the ingredients to a boil and turn down the heat to a simmer stirring occasionally until the sugars are dissolved and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Let cool and strain with a cheesecloth or a fine strainer.
- Store bottled and refrigerated for up to one week.