S’mores are the ultimate summer dessert. Graham crackers, chocolate, and a marshmallow. When they come together over a campfire, pure magic. There is a National S’mores Day, that isn’t until August 10th, but why wait until summer is nearly over to celebrate the summer favorite. Start celebrating now with Bourbon S’mores! While a classic S’more is delicious, we wanted to take it to the next level. So, we grabbed some Black Reserve Bourbon and started crafting Bourbon S’mores. You’ve officially found your campfire cocktail.
It’s time to call your friends and family for a campfire get-together! You will be coined “The Host with the Most” once you bring out some Bourbon S’mores. The chocolate rim coated with graham cracker crumbs is the key here, it really does make every sip taste like a S’more. We didn’t want to take away the best part about a S’more, the actual toasting of the marshmallows on the fire. There’s just something about finding that perfect stick and getting the perfect toast on your marshmallow. They make the perfect garnish for this cocktail. Please be careful while crafting and please drink responsibly.
- 2 oz Cleveland® Black Reserve Bourbon
- 1 oz Dark Creme de Cocoa
- 1/2 oz Toasted Marshmallow syrup
- 2 dashes Toasted Almond Bitters
- Graham Crackers
- Special Dark Chocolate Bars
- Melt some dark chocolate on a plate or shallow dish. Crush graham crackers and place on a second shallow dish. Rim the glass with melted chocolate then dip into the cracker crumbs.
- Put glasses into the refrigerator or freezer to harden the chocolate.
- In a cocktail tin, combine Black Reserve, Creme de Cocoa, Toasted Marshmallow syrup, and bitters with ice and shake or stir to chill to temperature.
- Roast a few marshmallows.
- Pour chilled cocktail over large ice and garnish with roasted marshmallows.