Bourbon Pear Refresher
We may have made the pear-fect cocktail for the month of September. This Bourbon Pear Refresher is fruity, sophisticated, and so easy to make. First, you need to make an herby sweet syrup with a little Thyme, sugar, and water. Be sure to cool in the refrigerator once the syrup is made. Hopefully, you haven’t put the blender away for the summer! You’re going to puree 1 can of pear halves (in pear juice) and Blackcurrant powder. The tart, sour flavor from the blackcurrant powder mixes pear-fectly with the sweetness from the pears and pear juice. They also create that beautiful deep purple color that is so eye-catching. Our spirit of choice was our Wheat Penny Bourbon. It helps bring all the flavors together, leaving a smooth, fruity finish that will have you saying “ahhh” every time you put it down.
The recipe makes two cocktails! Call someone who loves the fall weather just as much as you, enjoy.
Cocktail Ingredients: Makes Two
- 1 can of pear halves in pear juice
- 3/4 teaspoon of Blackcurrant Powder
- 1 oz Thyme Simple Syrup
- 3 oz Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon
- Green Apple Soda
- In a blender combine the canned pears and blackcurrant powder. Puree.
- In a cocktail tin filled with ice combine bourbon, simple syrup, and 4 oz of the puree mixture.
- Shake well and strain into two tall cocktail glasses with fresh ice.
- Top with Green Apple Soda and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Thyme Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 cup Demerara Sugar
- Several sprigs of Thyme
Thyme Simple Syrup Instructions:
- Combine in a saucepan and bring to a boil for about seven minutes.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator.