A traditional Michelada is made with beer, lime juice, tomato juice, and an assortment of sauces and spices in a chilled, salt-rimmed pint glass. There are many variations of this cocktail throughout Mexico. As you all know, we are far from being traditionalists, especially when it comes to cocktails. Introducing, the Bourbon Michelada. We took this beer-based cocktail and turned it into a bourbon powerhouse.
The Bourbon Michelada brings the heat! A combination of hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Ginger + Cayenne flavored Kombucha, and our famous Black Reserve Bourbon. Whew! You can almost feel the heat coming off the screen with those flavors. So, the next time you celebrate Taco Tuesday or any Mexican-style dish, you have the cocktail portion covered!
The Kombucha we recommend is not required for use. Feel free to use your favorite or any other flavor you find. Creativity is key, cheers!
You Will Need:
- 2 oz Black Reserve Bourbon
- 1/2 t Hot Sauce
- 1/4 t Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 oz Lime Juice
- Your favorite Kombucha (we used the Ginger + Cayenne flavor from Market District)
- Tanjin to rim the glass
- Lime Slice for garnish
- On a small plate, pour some Tanjin and use the Lime Slice to dampen the rim of a pint glass and dip into the Tanjin.
- Add ice, bourbon, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Lime Juice and stir.
- Top with Kombucha.
- Garnish with Lime Slice.