You will need:
2 oz Cleveland Underground Black Cherry Wood Finished Bourbon
1 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 Tbsp Raw Honey*
1/2 oz Mineral Water
1/2 oz Mulled Wine**
A two-finger pinch of Kosher salt
Orange twist, discarded
Leftover berries from making the mulled wine for garnish***
- Fill a coupe glass with ice and top off with water. Set aside to chill.
- Combine the Bourbon, Lemon Juice, Raw Honey, Mineral Water, and Kosher salt to a shaker tin without ice. Shake aggressively until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Fill shaker tin with ice and shake to serving temperature.
- Discard the contents of the coupe glass and rub the rim with the orange twist, discarding after use.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Top with the mulled wine.
- On a toothpick or garnish spear, place some of the leftover berries from making the mulled wine.
* Any honey will do
** Omit the mulled wine if you’d like. Just double the amount of honey to balance it like a traditional sour.
*** If you didn’t make the mulled wine, use a maraschino cherry instead.