Most of you probably don’t know this, but it’s pomegranate season! Now through the end of November is when Pomegranate picking is at its peak. Now, something that most of you do know, it’s really starting to feel like fall all of a sudden. The weather is cooling down, football is back, leaves are starting to change, the signs are there. This is the first of a few fall-themed cocktails coming up. The Bourbon Cranberry-Pom screams fall, starting with its natural Autumn color. It is beautiful during the fall here in Cleveland, so yes, we appreciate the colors of fall.
Next, the combination of Cranberry, Pomegranate, and Plum flavors. The tart flavor is not overpowering as the sweetness of those fruits is equally important to the taste. Our Wheat Penny Bourbon is the perfect complement to these flavors, giving it that little spice it needs at the end to help warm you up. The Nectarine slices for garnish can help give this cocktail the zing it needs and also a little reminder that summer isn’t totally gone yet. Enjoy the transition of seasons with The Bourbon Cranberry-Pom, cheers!
You Will Need:
- 2oz Cranberry Pomegranate Juice
- 2oz Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon
- 1oz Noilly Prat Rouge Vermouth
- 1/2oz Simple Syrup
- 2 Dashes Plum Bitters
- Nectarine slices for garnish
- Combine Cranberry Pomegranate Juice, Bourbon, Vermouth, simple syrup, and Plum bitters in a cocktail tin filled with ice and stir.
- Strain into a rocks glass with a large ice cube.
- Garnish with some nectarine slices.