Bourbon Black & Sour
Summer isn’t over! Remember we’re making this a “long” summer and it continues with another delicious bourbon highball, The Bourbon Black and Sour.
Tired of the same old drink for your weekly happy hour? Take it up a notch with a Bourbon Black and Sour! A tasty refreshment that utilizes the sweetness of Blackberries. We used Blackberry Real Puree, Clearly Canadian’s Mountain Blackberry Sparkling Water, and garnished the cocktail with actual blackberries. It’s harvesting season for blackberries so you shouldn’t have a problem finding them at the supermarket. The sweet and juicy notes from the blackberries pair perfectly with the sour taste of the key lime juice. Can’t forget about that sweet tasting Wheat Penny Bourbon to bring it all together. They all combine to create an aroma that embodies the ultimate summer vibe. Don’t let your summer slip away, savor it as long as you can.
The Blackberry Puree is thicker than you think, so when you’re shaking your ingredients in the cocktail tin be sure that everything is combined before straining into your glass. Cheers!
- 2 oz Wheat Penny Bourbon
- 1 oz Blackberry Real Puree
- 1 oz Key Lime juice
- 4 dashes Toasted Almond Bitters
- Blackberry Sparkling Water
- In a cocktail tin with ice combine bourbon, blackberry puree, lime juice, and bitters. Shake really well. The puree is thicker than you think and it needs to be well combined.
- Strain into a tall glass with ice and top with Blackberry Sparkling Water.
- Garnish with blackberries and limes.