You Will Need:
1 tbsp Finely ground chia seeds
3 tbsp Cleveland Underground Bourbon Finished with Sugar Maple Wood
3 over-ripe Bananas
1 large Egg
6 oz Greek yogurt
6 tbsp Melted butter
¾ cup Coconut sugar
2 tsp Vanilla bean paste
2 cup Unbleached AP flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Nutella
½ cup White Chocolate Chunks
½ cup Dark Chocolate chunks
(OPTIONAL) ¼ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grind chia seeds finely using a coffee grinder (spice grinder) and add them to the bourbon, allowing to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mash 3 bananas with the egg, Greek yogurt, melted butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla bean paste (or extract). Allow it to rest for 5 minutes after combining thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine and mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (plus the cocoa powder if you’re wanting to go choco-nuts).
- Add the chia/bourbon mixture to the yogurt mixture and stir thoroughly, then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Microwave the Nutella for 20-30 seconds to soften.
- In loaf pans lined with parchment paper, pour half of the batter between 2 loaf pans.
- Carefully layer 1/3 c softened Nutella and spread evenly with a spatula or frosting knife.
- Add the rest of the batter.
- Add the remaining 1/3 c Nutella, layering evenly before plunging the frosting knife into the batter, cutting side to side, making ribbons.
- OPTIONAL: Add a few white and dark chocolate chips to the top
- Bake for an hour, checking for doneness by placing a knife into the middle of the loaf and withdrawing to make sure it comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Serve warm with cinnamon butter and/or honey.