Blood Orange Bourbon Old Fashioned
Ah, the classic Old Fashioned. Some would say that it’s perfect the way it’s defined as….. sugar, whiskey, bitters, water, and a citrusy garnish. Yes, it’s great but why not try and mix it up? That’s where The Blood Orange Bourbon Old Fashioned comes in. Blood Oranges are a little darker in color, hence the name, but they are packed with citrusy goodness. The secret ingredient is the Homemade Fig Syrup from Love & Olive Oil made from Dried Mission Figs and Turbinado Sugar. This creates an awesome sweet, yet fruity flavor that will have you coming back for more every time you take a sip.
So… It’s time for some good old-fashioned fun! Grab your bourbon buddies, a bottle of our new Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon, and you’re on your way. If you haven’t tried our first ever wheated bourbon then you are missing out! The reviews have been through the barrel so far, get yours today!
You Will Need:
- 2 oz Wheat Penny 1958 Bourbon
- 1 oz Blood Orange Liqueur
- 1 oz Fig Syrup
- 2 Dashes of Molasses Bitters
- 2 Dashes of Orange Bitters
- In a cocktail tin filled with ice, combine all the ingredients, and stir well.
- Strain into a rocks glass with a large ice ball or block.
- Garnish with a dried blood orange slice.