This weekend we will be celebrating Independence Day! What better way to celebrate our nation’s birthday than with some Birthday Cake. This isn’t your average birthday cake that sits out all day and gets dry and crusty, oh no, we went all out for this one. We used real cake but we cut it into cubes and oh yeah, infused them with our Black Reserve Bourbon. Just a heads up, you don’t need a lot of bourbon to make the cake bites taste “bourbony”. They are fairly simple to make, just follow the directions carefully and you’ll be celebrating in no time.
Craft your favorite Manhattan or Old Fashioned to go along with your birthday cake bites and have yourself a wonderful July 4th! If you bring these to a party, be sure to let everyone know that they are infused with bourbon. Please drink responsibly.
- Spice Cake
- White Chocolate melts
- Blue and Red Sprinkles
- Black Reserve Bourbon®
- Bake your cake as the instructions say on the box.
- Let it cool and cut it into cubes about an inch square.
- Melt the white chocolate melts and dip the cake cubes into it and sprinkle them with the sprinkles while it is still wet. Store in the fridge to chill.
- Craft your favorite Old-Fashioned or Manhattan.
- Once cake bites are chilled, take them out and push a small hole in the bottom of them with a toothpick. Then, use the syringe to put the bourbon into the cake. Note – it doesn’t take a lot.
- Garnish your Old-Fashioned or Manhattan with the cake bites.