Collaboration – The action of working with someone to create something even better than we can do ourselves.
Our someone is Avon Brewing Company. Our newest beer barrel finish, Winter Spice Ale Barrel, is our second collaboration with our friends over at Avon Brewing. Together we chose the Avon Christmas MiraCLE Ale Barrel to capture the hints of the caramel malts, honey sweetness, cinnamon, nutmeg, and fresh ginger left by the beer to make a spicy but mellow bourbon.A new beer barrel finish means another cocktail recipe! We decided to take the classic old-fashioned and put a little CLE twist on it.
So, if you’re looking to collaborate on something, grab a friend, grab a bottle of our new Winter Spice Ale Barrel, the ingredients listed below and create your own Avon Beer Barrel Old Fashioned.
You will need:
2 oz. Distillery Experimental Winter Spice Ale Barrel Bourbon
1 oz Orange Spiced Tea Simple Syrup
– 1 Bag Orange Spice Tea
– 1 Cup Sugar
– 1 Cup Water
1 Dash Lemon Bitters
1 Dash Orange Bitters
Splash of Maraschino Cherry Juice
Maraschino Cherry Garnish
- In a tea kettle bring water to a boil.
- Put Orange Spice Tea and sugar in saucepan.
- Measure a cup of boiling water and add it to the saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved to create your Simple Syrup. Let Cool.
- In a rocks glass with a large chunk of ice, add first five ingredients.
- Garnish with Maraschino Cherry.