This cocktail should help your life become a bit less sour! Your tastebuds might disagree but they can deal with it.
The Peking Sour is well, sour, but the savory finish keeps you coming back for more! Our Smokin’ Bourbon lays the perfect foundation for any cocktail, but you all know that by now.
We took this cocktail to the next level though. How you ask? Well, every good cocktail needs a good entrée. That’s where the BOM Bourbon Wings come in. BOM stands for Bourbon, Orange and Maple. If you make one, you have to make the other. That’s how well these pair together.
You will need:
- 2 oz Cleveland Whiskey Smokin’ Bourbon
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz orange juice
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (Grade B is fine, just make it real)
- Optional: 2 tsp liquid from canned gorbanzo beans to add protein and make it frothy like a proper egged sour
- Two pinches of Five Spice power
- Fill a coupe glass with ice, add water, and allow it to chill as you make the drink.
- Fill mixing tin with ice and add all the liquids, plus a pinch of five-spice, and shake vigorously to temperature.
- Dump the ice water out of the coupe glass and immediately strain shaker tin into the chilled glass.
- Garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig and a drop of bitters. We like the Thai Bitters from The Bitter End, but any will do.