March is here and so is the madness! Selection Sunday for this year’s college basketball tournament is this Sunday and you need to be ready for all the big games. Not only is it great entertainment, but it’s also a chance to come together with friends and family and share the excitement and drama of the games. It’s also a great opportunity to try out a new cocktail recipe, not just any cocktail though, the Zombie Madness! The Zombie Madness is a whiskey riff on the popular Zombie cocktail. If you’re not familiar with the Zombie, it is a tiki cocktail made of fruit juices, liqueurs, and rum. We tweaked the original zombie recipe and added our Wheat Penny 1958® Bourbon, of course!
There are a bunch of ingredients in this Zombie recipe but its easy to make! The first round starts Thursday, March 16th, which gives you plenty of time to get all the ingredients before the action starts. The camaraderie of good friends, the thrill of March Madness, and the delicious Zombie Madness experience will make it a tournament to remember. Make a pact to do it all again next year, with even more delicious drinks to enjoy. Cheers to all!
- 1 1/2 oz Wheat Penny 1958® Bourbon
- 1/2 oz Apricot Brandy
- 1/2 oz Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- 1/2 oz Irish Mist
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 2 1/2 oz No Pulp Orange Juice
- 1/2 oz Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 oz Agave Syrup
- 3 Dashes Cardamom Bitters
- Maraschino Cherry
- Orange Wheel
- Fill a hurricane glass with ice.
- In a shaker tin, add all the ingredients except for cherry and orange wheel and add ice.
- Shake and strain into the hurricane glass.
- Garnish with the cherry and orange wheel.